Chinapac: Visa, Passport & Travel Documents for China

Do I need a tourist visa to visit China?
Canadian passport holders are required to obtain a tourist visa in order to enter Mainland China. (Canadians can now apply for multiple entry visas valid for certain period of time as approved by a visa officer at the China visa center.) The visa will ensure legal entry to China. Canadians do not require a visa to enter China’s Special Administrative Regions, Hong Kong and Macau. Other passports holders who have valid Canadian immigration status can only apply single or double entry visas. 

How do I get a Chinese tourist visa?
To apply, you must complete a China visa application form and possess a valid passport. A valid passport should have at least one full blank page for visa and customs stamping, and at least 6 months of validity from your planned return date.

Can Chinapac help me process my China tourist visa?
Yes! To have Chinapac process your China visa.

Make sure to submit your completed application along with your original passport, one color 2x2 photo and application fee at least 45 days before your travel date. Processing time for regular China Visa applications is 5 business days, unless stated otherwise. If you require rush service, please contact our office at 1-800-661-8182.

Click here to download Chinese Visa Application Form.

Click here to see passport photo requirements. 

How much does it cost for a China visa?

Tourist Visa   

Regular Service for BC residents only

Canadian Passport

Other Passport
(with valid Canadian
immigration status) 

SingleN/A180 CAD
180 CAD

  • Above rates do not include shipping charge of CAD 35 per envelope (maximum of 4 passports).
  • Travellers who have not purchased a China tour package from Chinapac are subject to a different cost.
  • Regular service: The processing time is usually 5 working days, 180 CAD.
  • Express service: The processing time is usually 3 working days,  240 CAD.
  • Rush service: The processing time is usually 2 working days,  280 CAD.

***For residents outside BC: please refer to for instructions and nearest China Visa Application Service locations or call us at 1-800-661-8182 for more info. 

Other passport holders who do not have a valid immigration status in Canada must apply on their assigned jurisdiction.

How do I get a Tibet travel permit?
For travel to Tibet, a permit can be arranged free of charge when purchasing a package from Chinapac International. Please contact our office for more information.

Go Back